SATURDAY, MAY 17, 2014
Location: Capitola Village Beach Bandstand
Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Registered athletes will pick up their bib, timing chip and event shirt. Race registration will be available during packet pick-up. There is no race day registration.
Directions to Packet Pick-Up:
- From Highway 1
- Exit Bay Ave / Porter Street, exit #437
- Turn onto Bay Ave toward Capitola Beach
- Continue on Bay Ave for approximately .5 miles
- Turn right at the Park Ave intersection before the railroad tracks into the “Village & Beach Parking Lot”
- Walk out of the parking area where you entered and proceed down the hill to the beach and bandstand.
SUNDAY, MAY 18, 2014
Surfer’s Path Marathon, Capitola Half Marathon & Relay
The marathon, half marathon and relay events start together.
Directions to Start Line
- From Hwy 1 or Hwy 17
- Exit at Ocean Street heading south
- Right on San Lorenzo Blvd.
- Left on Riverside Ave.
- Right on 2nd Street
- Left on Cliff St
- Left on Beach St.
- Enter Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk parking on left
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk parking is $12 all day
- Depot Park: 119 Center Street Santa Cruz
- Metered parking in surrounding area.
- Free parking in surrounding area
The Finish Line for both events is located at Cowell’s Beach at 109 Beach St. Santa Cruz 95060, adjacent to the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf entrance and a short walk from the Start Line and all suggested race day parking areas.
Completing a marathon or half marathon is an awesome achievement. We encourage you to cheer on your friends or family and help them make it to the finish. Here are our suggestions:
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk start. The marathon and half marathon events begin together at 7:00 am sharp! Arrive early and watch the sun rise as the athletes stage. Once the gun goes off, you can move on to the next suggested stop, or walk on over to the wharf and have breakfast. The runners will return after the first thirteen!
- Capitola turn around. Both events make their first turn through Capitola Village. Park above the village and walk down to check out the action.
- Half Marathon finish / Marathoners half way. The finish line for both events is located at Cowell’s Beach, a short walk from the start area and next to the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf. Catch the action as the Half Marathon runners finish and Marathoners pass by toward the second half of their journey.
- Wilder Ranch State Park turn around. Marathon runners will make their final turn around on the bluff trail in Wilder. Cheer for them as they crest the twenty mile mark and head for home.
- Cowell’s Beach Marathon finish. Marathoners will return to Cowell’s Beach for their finish. Take in all of the drama as runners achieve their goal! There will be plenty of post race festivities for all to enjoy.